Well, it happened in my own system.Today, in this fine evening when everything went fine on my lap top, only chrome has stopped working . I wonder what happened to my favorite browser and thought it was because of the website I have visited.Restarted the browser.It opened without any problem but within seconds the message came again - Google Chrome Has Stopped Working..!!!
I tried more than 4 times and again and again it end up in the same error. But I cant leave you chrome – I love you more than Firefox and Internet Explorer..Ooops, what did I just say? Internet Explorer..!! Oh no, I am not considering Explorer as a browser anymore. It is only a waste thing from Microsoft…leave it in its own way.
How to Fix ‘Google Chrome Has Stopped Working’ Issue
Anyways, I found some reasons for Google Chrome Crash and here is a list of solutions :
- If you are using Internet Download Manager(IDM) : Go to internet download manager—>Download—->
options—-> uncheck google chrome. This will solve the issue in some cases.
- Try disabling your Firewall temporarily. If that fixes the problem, check your Firewall settings and make sure that ‘chrome.exe’ is allowed.
- The malware removal application (tdsskiller.exe) from following link will help in some cases:
Install & Reboot.
- Uninstall and Re install Google Chrome.
- Go into C:UsersYOUR_USERNAME
AppDataLocalGoogleChrome User DataDefault directory and simply delete the “Preferences” file.
- -System Restore to a date where google chrome is working fine
-Uninstall google chrome
-Detele everything in apps/localgoogle(vista)
-Should work(In most of the cases)
If any of the above didnt work for u , then use Mozilla Firefox .Because right now there is no official fix from Google for this Chrome crash. I dont know what they are doing there when a lot of chrome fans are facing this issue.